During these uncertain times surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to reassure you that we continue to provide accessible cardiac care to for the whole community. We’re taking some additional measures to ensure the cardiac needs of our patients are met during this period;
Telehealth / Telephone Consultations
Our cardiologists are committed to ensuring the cardiac care of our patients continues during this challenging time, as such we’re committed to offering bulk billed Telehealth consultations to all review patients who meet the following Medicare criteria;
- A patient with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnoses who is not in hospital
- Self-isolating or quarantined in line with government directive
- Aged 70 years or older
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 50 years
- Pregnant or a parent of a child under 12 months of age
- A person with a chronic health condition or immunosuppressed
If you have an appointment scheduled and you meet this criteria, we would be pleased to conduct your appointment via Telehealth (video) or telephone. Please phone our office ahead of time to arrange this. You will need to ensure we have a valid referral from your general practitioner prior to your appointment.
Unfortauntely this service is only available to review patients. We are hopeful that future government updates will allow this service to be extended to new patients to our practice soon.
In Clinic Cardiac Tests
We continue to offer all cardiac investigations from all 9 of our cardiology clinics including Echocardiogram, Stress Echo, Stress Tests, Holter Monitoring, Blood Pressure monitoring and ECG appointments.
We’re currently taking these additional precautions to reduce the possibility of spreading the CODVID-19 virus;
- All patients will answer a short health survey at the time of check in to assess their contamination risk. Some patients may be asked to reschedule their appointments
- Echo and Stress patients, as well as their attending medical professionals will thoroughly wash hands prior to and immediately after their test
- Holter and BP monitor patients will be required to remove their own device at the conclusion of their study, prior to returning the device to our rooms
- Medical personnel will wear protective equipment including gloves, masks and gowns in instances of increased risk
- Waiting rooms will be set up to encourage social distancing protocols
- Sanitization practices of our waiting, entrance and reception areas as well as consult and treatment rooms and will be increased in frequency throughout the day
- Multiple sanitization stations will be present throughout our clinics to encourage regular hand cleaning
- Patients are encouraged to attend their appointments ALONE wherever possible to decrease the number of people in our waiting rooms
Holter @ Home Service
Our Holter @ Home program has been particularly useful during this time. This service offers patients the option to have their Holter or Blood Pressure monitor fitted at home or in their workplace for a small travel fee of $30. Find more information about this service HERE.
The health and safety of our staff and patients is paramount at this time, and we sincerely thank you for helping us in our efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact our office on 9789 6011